Learn what Excel is by defining a "spreadsheet" and learning why it is important.
- What is Excel? A beginner's overview. What is Excel, and what is a spreadsheet? Learn the basics in this simple explainer.
- How to use Excel: Our top 10 things to learn. Want to learn how to use Excel? Our series of easy-to-follow tutorials is designed with the beginner in mind. Start learning here with our top 10 places to start!
- Excel workbook and worksheet basics. "Workbook" is just another name for an Excel file. Each workbook contains multiple worksheets full of data. Learn more about workbooks and worksheets here!
- Working with rows, columns, and cells. Excel's worksheets are organized into a grid of rows and columns that contain cells. Learn how to use them here!
- How to alphabetize in Excel: A complete guide to sorting. In this tutorial, we highlight the best ways to alphabetize and sort a list in Excel, including ascending and descending sorts. Read more inside!
- How to filter data with autofilters in Excel. Excel's autofilters allow you to filter a large set of data to show or hide a select subset of rows. Learn how to use them here!
- Freezing panes in Excel. Freezing panes allows us to keep column headers and row labels displayed on our screen as we scroll through an Excel sheet.
- Number formats in Excel. Use Excel to format your numbers as currency, numerals, and more!
- Formatting cells in Excel. Excel contains a huge variety of cell formatting options, like colors, borders, and more.
- Using the Paste Special command. The Paste Special command is one of the most useful features of Excel, allowing us to paste as values, formats, or more.
- Using Tables in Excel. Tables are a data construct built in to Excel that allow us to manipulate similar ranges of data quickly and easily.