5 challenging practice questions to prepare you for your SQL interview.
Need to master SQL for an interview?
Start here. Get the job or your money back.
If you're reading this, it's probably because you're applying for a new job — and you're worried you'll be asked SQL questions in the interview. For many folks, that's a scary prospect. Having a strong grasp of SQL is table stakes for landing a high-performing job in the tech sector. But SQL itself is complicated — and as a job applicant, it can be tough to figure out what to focus on as you prepare.
As you prepare for your interview, you're probably asking yourself questions like these:
- "Do I have enough experience with SQL to qualify me for this job?"
- "What happens if the interviewer presents me with an SQL challenge that I can't solve?"
- "Where should I focus my studying for this interview?"
- "How do I practice in advance?"
If you find yourself thinking any of these things, don't worry:
You can beat this interview.
Imagine how you'd feel if you knew you were well-prepared for your SQL interview in advance:
- You would walk into the interview confident in your ability to knock it out of the park.
- You would be able to focus your time on other, more important things.
- You would be proud of your SQL skills and excited to show them off.
- You would know that you're qualified for the job.
- You would nail the interview and get the job!
Here's the crazy part: knocking your SQL interview out of the park could mean a difference of thousands of dollars in your starting salary. Job applicants with strong SQL skills are in high demand, and if you show your prospective employer you're a SQL master in the interview, it's very likely they'll be willing to up their salary offer to make sure you sign up.
So, let's get started.
This is all you need to begin:
Deskbright's SQL Practice Pack
The SQL Practice Pack contains a series of five challenging practice SQL questions to prepare you for even the most difficult SQL interview. Designed for the beginner-to-intermediate SQL user preparing for a technical interview, it's jam-packed with all of the classic 'gotchas' that tech company applicants usually see throughout the recruiting process.
Each question comes with a detailed step-by-step answer walkthrough — and hints to help you along if you're stuck.There are also detailed answers to each problem so that you can check your work against our models to see how you did. For an example of the types of questions we ask, check out the sample question on our homepage — you'll find that it's super detailed and easy to follow!
Once you've gone through these five practice questions, you’ll have a solid start on acing your interview with flying colors.
But that’s not all...
You'll get the job. Or your money back.
If you don't get the job, you'll get your money back.
Download the practice pack, test your SQL knowledge, and use it to prepare for your interview. On the rare chance that you don't get the job, send me an e-mail within 30 days of your purchase and I will refund 100% of the cost — no questions asked. You don't have to return anything — just let me know and I'll issue a refund.
It's literally that easy. If you don't get the job, you keep the practice pack and get your money back.
With zero risk on your end, you can't afford to pass up this amazing opportunity to ace your SQL interview. Think about it: dominate the recruiting process, and this book has already paid for itself a hundred times over.
The SQL Practice Pack contains five challenging questions to prepare you for an SQL interview in a detailed .pdf. Here's what you'll find inside:
- 5 challenging questions to assess your knowledge of SQL's most important functions...
- Helpful hints to help you along the way if you're stuck...
- Detailed answer explanations that walk you through model solutions step-by-step...
- MySQL database exports so that you can test your solutions live on your own computer...
Here's a detailed, chapter-by-chapter overview of what you'll get:
All payments on my site are secured with SSL and PCI-compliant payment processing.